I know, what an epiphany. I think I'm already in pretty okay shape and with months of training ahead of me I should be fine.
However, at this point I feel like I will train for the three events and be kind of good at all three, but not really well-prepared for any single one of them. That's frustrating.
Today I am struggling with getting myself to the pool and am tempted to take one more day off as I am *very* tired today. It's just the Thanksgiving weekend hangover, not from any athletic endeavors, and I worry that skipping a swim today is a bad thing. In hte big picture, not swimming today probably won't kill my training, and might even be good for morale, but damn do I feel guilty!
I also am doing a bake sale with a coworker who is in TNT but on the marathon team - the bake sale is Wednesday, and I haven't started baking yet. Tomorrow night is going to be a long evening of baking and wrapping and labeling!
Eh, actually, tomorrow is going to be so busy I'd really better get my butt to the pool today. Maybe I'll just do a timed mock swim and see where I'm at and call it a day...
No comments:
Post a Comment