I played water polo on Monday night and what a great workout it was! LOTS of leg work and huffing and puffing, it was pretty physical - imagine backing up to someone in the deep end and pushing them across the pool using your legs as they are pushing back at you... Whew!
Yesterday I got up early and ran at the Campbell Community Center Track. It's a lovely facility, but oh the people were hysterical! I, of course, read all about it online and familiarized myself with the rules (walkers to the right, joggers/runners to the left, don't walk more than two abreast to avoid impeding traffic...) before going. When I arrived, I saw large groups of walkers in all lanes, taking the entire track. There were older men walking in twos with little hand weights, one couple where the guy had ~10-pound weights and was walking and doing shoulder presses, a large number of women discussing the schools their kids were in, and my personal favorite, a group of about 20 Asian women wearing those funny oversized visors - and they were all over the track! It was like an obstacle course! Two of the women were wearing what looked like formal hats - black, wide-brimmed, trimmed with bows and ribbon - and were speed-walking/jogging around the track. One guy was there in jeans...
It was a special experience.
I tried to repeat the track workout of last Tuesday night but didn't do it properly I think, because it doesn't hurt to move today. Anyway, I was doing the drill part of it, around the way outside of the track to stay out of everyone's way, and this older gentleman passed me and complimented me on my balance. I almost kicked a nice older couple doing my toe-touches, and for a second I felt badly, but then again they came up behind me and surely saw what I was doing and certainly could have given me a wider berth. I don't take up THAT much room.
Last night we also had dinner at a friend's house and within the first five minutes I got the "Megan you've lost so much weight!"
Oh well, that's better than the other direction.
And I fit back into a pair of size 8 pants, so that's good (they're a generous size 8 though)!
Today it's a 3000-yard swim, then to the grocery store to get goodies for Thanksgiving in Paso Robles!
No comments:
Post a Comment