I mainly came to work today because I'd promised a coworker we'd go to the gym together. I ended up swimming while she worked out on land. It was, of course, lovely - sunny, warm, not too crowded, although there was a creepy-ish guy in the lane next to mine who was really fast and kept making eye contact with me underwater. It was weird. I couldn't figure out if he was pacing himself off of me or just wanted to swim faster or was horrified at how I look in a Speedo and couldn't stop staring.
At any rate, here's my 3000 yard workout:
1 x 400 reverse IM (with the last 100 fly/free), total yards = 400
6 x 50 on 0:55, free, increasing speed through the set, total yards = 700
5 x 300 on 5:45, free, trying to get stronger through the set but really just maintaing and calling that good enough, total yards = 2200
1 x 200 IM kick total yards = 2400
1 x 50 water polo eggbeater (legs falling off at this point), total yards = 2450
5 x 100 on 1:55, free, constant speed (lots of rest, every one was ~1:25), total yards = 2950
1 x 50 warm down, total yards = 3000!
I take forever to warm up and only really felt strong at the 5 x 100 set near the end. I worry that by the time my swimming is up to speed in the real triathlon it'll be time to get out of the water.
No comments:
Post a Comment