Tuesday, November 10, 2009

First Coached Workout!

Well, "workout" might be a strong word! It was more of a meet-and-greet with a little 3/4 mile jog in the middle, but it was fun. We met at Foothill College (awesome track and really nice turf field) and broke into groups for a little stretching and core work (if ten crunches counts as core work!), then jogged for ~10 minutes and did a little scavenger hunt (which has us moving, certainly). One of the items on the scavenger hunt checklist was a cheer that we had to make up. Ours was pretty silly - a kick line and a cheer that at the end involved us thumbing our noses and saying "nyah nyah nyah" (yes, I am 35, what?) - but at the start, as we were all running up to start our cheer I regressed to my gymnast/cheerleading years and did a little round-off with a cheerleading jump, which was greeted with cheers from the crowd. I think I pulled something. (Okay not really, but it was pretty fun!)

Tomorrow is water polo (yay!), so that's my swim, and Thursday will be - gasp! - a bike ride.

I'm frightened and have already started looking up possible routes to bike, as riding in traffic scares the crap out of me. Especially since I listened to two women tonight describing their awful crashes! Ack!

No comments:

Post a Comment