Thursday, November 19, 2009

Theory of Relativity

I swam today, as water polo last night was cancelled due to cold water temps (75 degree water plus me and the coach being the only ones there at 6:30, when practice supposedly started - although stragglers showed up and we did some little dry land stuff). I am generally a strong swimmer. However, two days after this track workout and my legs still feel like they are about to fall off. So what do I do? Hop in the water and go 3000 yards, of course! Whew. I was fast comapred to the two really old guys, and compared to the really, um, rotund gentleman, but not so fast when compared to the 20-something girl who hopped in my lane. Sometimes I forget this is all about me, and not really a competition... That's hard for me.

At any rate, here's my workout:

500 warmup (500 total yards)
10 x 50, odds easy, evens sprint (or sprint-ish) (1000 total yards)
200IM kick (1200 total yards)
4 x 100 IM (1600 total yards)
200 drill; 25 catch-up, 25 swim; all free (1800 total yards)
4 x 50; free, breast, back, fly/free (I got tired); sprint(ish) (2000 total yards)
100 easy free (2100 total yards)
4 x 100 free, last 25 sprint(ish) (2500 total yards)
8 x 25 sprint with 25 easy in between (so 16 x 25, alternating sprint with easy) (2900 total yards)
100 warm down (3000 total yards!)

I'm tired.

I also have an informational interview in an hour with a woman who has a PhD in a similar field and works for a venture capital firm in the bay area. Hopefully my sinuses will have finished draining by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment