Friday, November 6, 2009

Running Commentary

I ran yesterday, same trails, and as I was coming back into the building a woman who also works in the building crossed my path and commented loudly that she was impressed that I'd been running twice this week. (Actually, three times, but I didn't correct her!)

She then said, rather loudly, that she thought I "am going to lose a lot of weight!"

Thanks. I think.

Once I got over the backhanded compliment (hey lady, spandex doesn't look good on anybody!), I was rather impressed that I'd run the entire thing yet once again.

This morning I went to yoga, which sounds nice and relaxing but it's a "flow" class and they keep you moving! My legs were shaking by the end of it and I'm still pretty beat. More bendy, but beat.

Tomorrow I'm heading up to SF for an overnighter with my good friend Becky, who is leaving for her native country (England) in less than a month. We're going shopping in Union Square and then going to dinner and to see Wicked (very excited!), and heading back to Santa Cruz on Sunday. Those will be my two days off...

Monday is the big kick-off meeting/party for Team in Training and I'm excited! Plus I get free earmuffs for having raised more than $500 already (thank you donors!) - I love free stuff!

Tonight, I have to admit, I am planning on attacking a bottle of wine. I've stopped all drinking during the week (shocking, I know) and have been looking forward to this specific bottle of Zinfandel all week long... In fact, I might try to finish up early and go open it before the BF gets home... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment