Thursday, December 2, 2010

Donations and Days Off

So Rob's company matches donations - so FYI to my three readers, if there is a donation in your future, send it to me (I promise to not spend it on burritos, although it's tempting as I've found a great burrito place around the corner!) and I'll give it to Rob and he'll donate through Cisco to get the matching! Then I only have to raise half as much! Woo!

Today is an off day for me, and I'm feeling guilty about it already. I think that's bad. I need to allow myself the rest days, especially at the beginning of the season when my endurance isn't so great. I have a couple hours of time right now that could be used running or biking, but rest is also an important part of the training regimen, and I have workouts through next Wednesday so I'd better just take today off and get over myself.

The other hard part of days off is that I have the mindset that an off day means I can eat whatever I want (like burritos, my current obsession). Not true! I'd better go eat an apple before I get into the candy that Rob brought home last night...

4 comments:

  1. Hi Megan - so are you saying not to do it on the donations page but to get it to you directly? Hope all is well. Shuman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shuman! Good to hear from you - the donation page would be easier for you of course! My fiancee's company matches donations though, so anything that comes to me directly can be submitted through his company and doubled, although I'm not sure how to give everyone the appropriate credit on the donation page yet! Still figuring that part out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok well I'll give that a go so. I've posted it on my facebook too.. maybe some of my friends might also like to support you. Hope that's ok with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is spectacular! Thank you so much for advertising - every little bit helps - it's such a great cause and I'm happy to send over any information you or your friends might want, if that helps!

    ReplyDelete