I just ran 5.91 miles. I am tired. This will be a short post as I have to go soak in a tub and maybe take a nap.
I wore my GPS and tried to stay very conscious of my pace, stride length, and shoulder/head position, but I could feel myself get tired and start to fall apart. I ran my usual ~5.7 mile route, and I felt pretty strong so I decided to extend it by just a bit at the end, and instead of cutting into the neighborhood where I usually do I went around the block and added another 0.1-0.2 miles, which is better than nothing! Baby steps, right?
Anyway, I'm encouraged that my average pace was ~11.26 minute miles - for that distance that's a season best for me, and hopefully I'll only get faster as I work more on speed. Today I mostly wanted distance and form, so I'm happy with that performance.
There's a swim tonight that I'll go to as well - that should kick my butt for sure.
It's time for me to officially recommit to TNT, which means I have to give credit card information in case I don't reach my fundraising minimum. I really, really need to get on the fundraising and get over my mental block.
Now I am icing my knees - it feels like heaven. The bath I take next will be even better. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment