I was a bit tired and mopey last night, but got in the water anyway knowing that I have a couple days in front of me where it will be hard to get a good workout in. I was feeling whiny and sluggish and didn't want to be in the water...
...and then a man with one leg got in the lane next to me for an independent workout.
I sucked it up and swum hard after that. It's hard to remember what I'm doing this for sometimes, but every now and then there's a little reminder that this is for a good cause. And as a secondary benefit to the raising money for cancer research part of it, we all are improving our fitness and overall health as well. I need to remind myself of those things every now and then to keep my motivation high.
The swim last night was as follows:
200 warmup
5 x 50 kick
8 x 50 drill/swim
1 x 100 IM (I added this one on my own)
4 x 300 free (officially the workout was to do 3 but I got an extra one in)
4 x 150 free
50 warmdown
Total: 2800 yards!
Most yards I've put in all season so far. Next step is to add more sprinting, a la water polo workouts...
No comments:
Post a Comment