So after that whole triathlon thing on Sunday, March 28th, 2010, we took a nap. Actually, I collapsed face-down on the bed for a minute before stripping off the disgusting salt-encrusted tri uniform. See exhibits A (Rob caught me on the run - and it looks like I'm actually running!) and B:
After a lovely 2+ hour nap, we cleaned ourselves up (Rob had a rough day chasing me around and was completely dehydrated and running a little slowly too) and headed out to the TNT Victory Party. Thank goodness I put a dress on!
Anyway, we headed out towards the bar, which I argued (somewhat half-heartedly as I was pretty darn tired) was not the most direct route, but Rob assured me it would get us to where we needed to go and gave my hand a little tug.
So, we walk by the wedding chapel, which I joked we needed a photo in front of to torment my mother (sorry Mom! It was going to be funny!). Rob stops us, and grabs two older, shirtless, barefoot, plastic-beer-cup-holding dudes and asked them to take a photo of us. Of course they oblige, so we take a sweet photo in front of the chapel:
Notice Rob's right hand jammed into his pocket. He's got a death grip on a ring in there. Then, as if it were scripted (it wasn't), the camera-holding guy says "Wait, let me take another one."
Rob responds with, "Oh yeah great, take another one and Megan why don't you put this on?" And he whips out the ring and just hands it to me. The guys, bless their little hearts, took another photo, mid-shock, and this one's my favorite:
Yeah, nice face. :-)
Then we took another "real" photo, although I think I'm still holding the ring and it's not on my finger yet:
So, then Rob gets the camera back and I make him put the ring on my finger and one of the guys says, "Yeah I think maybe we should get going." And the other guy says, "No wait, I want to see how this all works out." I seriously wish we had a photo with the guys, but after the ring appeared everything gets a little hazy.
So then we walked to a couple of beach chairs near the lagoon where all the right things were said (it was quick and sweet), and I was so over-excited I got all sweaty (and it was hot!), so we made a bee-line for the bar. We bellied up next to a couple of guys who asked how our day was going, and I hold up my hand and say "We just got engaged!" At which point people start congratulating us, and the guy next to us tells us how much he loves love, and then - no joke - starts to cry! Like he couldn't look at us he was totally crying. So we got a photo with him - his name's Pauly and he also ran the race that morning:
We grab our drinks and take a seat near the dolphins, where we ran into my friend Dianne (from TNT), who squealed appropriately when I shoved my hand in her face... She got some photos of us that she promised to send to me... Will post them when they get here!
So, Rob and I are engaged! Holy shit! Now, I have to figure out this whole wedding thing...
Next up I'll work on the rest of the Hawaii photos - somehow I figured people would want to read/see this story first... :-)

Yea! We are so happy that the blog continues! It lets us be a little more in touch with your life and that makes us happy! Mary & Dad
ReplyDeleteWOW! What great news. That is just fantastic! delighted for you. I need to catch up on your blog.. but this was a great day to come back and see what is going on in your world. Thrilled for you!
ReplyDelete