Even though I was extremely sore, I went back to boot camp this morning. The best cure for soreness is to get out and move, and what better way than another boot camp class! (<-- sarcasm)
Okay, it sounded like a good idea.
We did the same sort of warm-up, but I slowed way down this time so I didn't have another near-passing-out incident. After the warm-up, we jumped right into the main set, where we were partnered up and had to complete a total number of certain exercises as a pair with running in place on a trampoline in between. So, we had to complete 100 pull-ups, 100 push ups, 200 squats, and 100 sit ups (and by sit up she meant shoulder blades on the ground and chest-to-knees - the full range of motion!). I started on the pull-ups, where you can be assisted by a huge rubber band hanging off the bar that you hook your foot into. Otherwise there's no way in hell I could do even one single pull-up. I did ten pull ups, then traded with my partner and she did ten pull ups, and back and forth until we hit 100. Ditto with the rest of the sets. I am very, very weak at the sit-ups, and at most could do 25 at a time, so my poor partner Lily had to do the majority of those as I "ran" on the trampoline to keep my heart rate up.
It was intense. Now, my abs are so sore I wonder if I didn't pull something. This weekend we're heading to Monterey to celebrate one of Rob's friends 40th birthdays and there's a spa, so of course I'm getting a massage. I worry that I will be too sore and wonder if I should change my treatment to something less pressure-focused. My poor muscles!
However, I finally got on the scale today (I try to avoid the scale and instead go by how my clothes fit, I find that less depressing) and am at my lowest weight in over two years. Woo hoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment