Sunday, April 18, 2010
Water Polo!
Yesterday the water polo team I (occasionally) play with hosted a water polo tournament at our pool. We break up our team up by age, so we have a 50's team, and 40's team, and a 30's team. The 30's team, however, only has a few players, one of whom I played with in college. So of course my other college friends drove up from Santa Barbara to play with us! We had two games yesterday, and lost both, but had a great time playing. I was so afraid of making mistakes that I only took one shot (and missed), but otherwise played solidly. Well, at least I didn't totally screw up, so I count that as a victory. The sun was out, there was a great snack bar, I was hanging out with all of my old college friends, I got to show off my sparkly new ring, and after the tournament was over we had a little dinner party where we all drank too much and I somehow ended up in a gymnastics competition with a 7 year old. (I lost, but I threw it.) We didn't go to sleep until about 3 in the morning, and I am moving slowly today, but it was totally worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment