Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tired!

As in I am very...

Yesterday it was all I could do to drag myself to the swim, but I did it and once in the water I felt... tired. After I was out my energy level was boosted, but during I was just exhausted. Tonight is a track workout and I'm still tired - I wonder if I didn't have too much fun this weekend and those three days ruined my months of training? I know that's not the case, but come on! I need an energy boost here!

I kind of remember the middle of the high school swimming season, where we were doing twice-daily workouts and I was in the water for probably four hours every day, and I can remember just being exhausted. I wonder if I'm in that mid-season slump at the moment, how long it will last, and how I can get myself out of it!

We only have six more weeks of lengthy workouts before our two-week taper, and I am getting really nervous about my training. I keep hearing about people going on these 11-mile runs and I wonder if I'm behind in that area, but this week I am crazy at work and this weekend I have plans (fun plans that I am not changing!), so I am wondering if I should work from home again and go for a really long run in the morning on Friday to assuage my fears about this.

Clearly, I am starting to get nervous. It might be because I just got an e-mail confirming my enrollment in the event. It's very real now! Ack!

No comments:

Post a Comment