Tonight was a swim workout, in the rain (sensing a theme here?), which really doesn't make much of a difference when you're already in the water. It was the usual type of workout - drills at the front end and a ladder set at the back end. I felt pretty good, and am confident about the swim part of things. I registered for a sprint-distance triathlon that's hosted by Stanford (this sprint distance = 500 meter swim, 20K bike, 5K run) on February 28th - excited and nervous about that! 500 meters of swimming is just about what I do to warm up, so it'll be enough swimming to ge tmy arms feeling good and then I'll be done. Of course, it's also in cold water (break out the wetsuit!), so I might just call it a 500-meter sprint!
Had a lovely weekend with my friend Tiffani, who flew in Saturday morning for a quick weekend. I was glad to have attacked the paper I'm working on (for work) on Friday before she got here Saturday morning, because Sunday night after she left was not my most productive after our eating and house decorating extravaganza! We have a history of decorating our living spaces, and I helped her paint her apartment before she got married, so she returned the favor by watching me spend money at Pottery Barn and Ikea. But now the house is colorful!
Tomorrow is an evening track workout (hopefully it won't rain on us!), then water polo Wednesday evening, and I haven't gotten as far as the rest of the week yet. Saturday will be a big long workout, I think it's a bike/run, which I need and have been trying to work on... Should be a good week! Glad to be back in the swing of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment