I just came across a web page and blog from someone I went to high school with - Sam Felsenfeld. His middle child, Jack, was diagnosed with severe autism, and in an effort to raise money for Train 4 Autism (a Team in Training-esque organization to raise awareness and money for Autism research and treatment) he launched Operation Jack.
Operation Jack is Sam's effort to run 61 marathons in 2010 to bring awareness to the Train 4 Autism mission and to help his son. Marathon number 61 is the Operation Jack marathon in Los Angeles, California on December 26th, and if I was going to be in town I might just sign up and at least walk the thing. Please check out his page, his story, and if you can help, contribute to his cause.
When I am feeling unmotivated, I'm going to read his blog, or his webpage, and get my butt back outside for a workout to support the cause I am racing (albeit much more slowly than Sam!) for. What an inspiration.
No comments:
Post a Comment