I hit the treadmill this morning, as I am petrified of not having my run in shape in time for the event. I know, there are like 140 days of training left, but I feel like I'm starting at a deficit. Plus, there are so many people from the team from last year who are still in great shape and I feel like I'm playing catch up! (My mantra: it's not a competition, it's not a competition...)
I warmed up with a brisk walk (brisk for me is between 3.6 - 4 mph, but I have really short legs), then jogged between 4.0 - 4.5 mph for about 35 minutes, then started walking again. It averaged out to about a 15.5 minute per mile pace, which is fine by me as I'm just getting back into it. My goal this weekend is to get out on the road. For some reason I have a mental block about running in front of other people.
Later this morning I'll be hopping back in the pool. I'm scared of how bad this is going to feel, but I have to start somewhere!
No comments:
Post a Comment