Monday, November 15, 2010

First Captain's Swim

One of the captains this year set up extra swim sessions for us at the Santa Clara International Swim Center. Tonight was the first workout, and it was a big, friendly group! Well, at least until no one wanted to get in the lane with me - as I hit the wall on my first warm-up lap I heard "but that's Megan's lane!" Finally I got a couple of brave souls to join me and we were off! I squeezed in about a 200 yard warm-up, and then we got into the set:

400 yards (25 yard swim, 25 yard drill)
100 yard kick
100 IM (I added this because I finished early)
Main Set: 25, 50, 75, 100, 200, 100, 75, 50, 25
5 x 50 yards easy free
100 yard warm-down

...for a grand total of 1650 yards. That's already longer than the swim leg of the race, and I feel pretty good about this part of the season. Again, it's my running that is in bad shape. Tomorrow, I run. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment