Friday, November 19, 2010

My Fiancee is the Best!

The TNT bike rides are usually in the morning on Saturdays. As it's winter, and winter is cold, the rides are quite chilly - add in a (somewhat small as I am slow) wind chill and it can get pretty frosty. My major issue last year was frozen feet; there were mornings where my feet went numb, and I couldn't feel them until about 30 minutes after the ride. Clearly that is problematic, especially when there's a run right after the ride. The issue might be resolved with a new pair of non-porous bike shoes, but the shoes I would need don't go with the pedals I have, so it would require a good chunk of change to upgrade. There are also neoprene-esque toe covers that you can buy to keep the wind out of your shoes, but the only work with the other kind of shoes that I don't have yet. I needed (and still need) a cheaper option.

So last year I started putting those little hard and feet warmers that skiiers use in my bike shoes to keep my toes warm. Brilliant! Warm and toasty toes for most of the rides. This year I'm out of those little portable heaters, and haven't had a chance to pick up any more yet.

Enter Rob. He loves Costco, and spends an inordinate amount of time there. The last time he went he came home with an econo-pack of hand-and-feet warmers for my winter season of training! I'm so excited to get out in the cold and ride now that I have warmers - unfortunately I have to miss tomorrow's workout, but post-Thanksgiving I'll have toasty toes!

No comments:

Post a Comment