Friday, March 12, 2010

T Minus 16 Days!

I can't believe this event is so close! Essentially the hard part of the training is finished - nothing more I do at this point will increase my fitness to any significant level for the event. So now, it's maintenance - just keeping up the swimming, running and biking - and making sure I get enough rest and am eating well.

The rest and eating will be the hard part, especially now that it's Girl Scout Cookie season. Last night I attacked a box of Samoas before looking at the nutritional information. I think perhaps the Girl Scouts are really evil - those cookies are so bad! But so good, seriously.

Today I plan on hopping in the pool for a ~3000 yard swim and tomorrow is a practice triathlon with the Team - a ~600 yard swim, 18 mile bike and a 3 mile run. There will be two waves, with the faster people self-seeding into the second wave that starts at 9:10AM (which sucks for me, I HATE starting later). I figure with about 10 minutes for the swim, 1 hour and 20 minutes for the bike, and 35 minutes for the run means I won't finish until 11:15 or so.

But then it's a big celebratory team bbq that I am very excited about. I've been trying to talk Rob into going but he's not super into this stuff so we'll see. Tonight I am going to make Ghirardelli brownies (SO GOOD) to bring, and lay out all of my gear for tomorrow's "dry" run! Hopefully it won't rain on us.

Tomorrow night is a fancy schmancy dinner with friends (after a short nap I hope), Sunday might be going to a party for a friend's birthday, Tuesday is a dinner party with friends for Rob's birthday (dinner out, I am not hosting!)... Ack! Lots on my plate in the next few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment