Thursday, March 11, 2010

I am a bad water polo player...

...but it's just so fun! I will say I don't appreciate hearing my name screamed across the pool, but I think I get focused on because I have potential.

Right?



I got whacked in the nose, smacked in the face, scored a few goals and got scored on a few times, and swam my ass off. We scrimmaged for a long time we were all pretty tired at the end of it. Of course, the best part of practice is going to The Dutch Goose afterwards for food and drink. They have the best burgers ever, and I get one every time.

Today I brought my swimming stuff to work, but I might skip a swim today and ride my bike in the garage instead when I get home.

The Lavaman is officially 17 days away (holy crap!)! We have a practice triathlon this weekend, followed by a big bbq/party for team members and significant others. I've reached my fundraising mimimum (thank you everybody, and especially John Scudder for the generous if partially accidental donations!) so don't have to worry about that. And I won a sweatshirt in a raffle, so that's fun! One cannot have too many sweatshirts.

Sorry this post is kind of random but I'm feeling a bit tired and a bit scattered today! Chlorine on the brain. And I'm trying to write a paper to submit very soon... It's alllmooost done. I swear...

No comments:

Post a Comment