Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Ready, Set, Get on the Plane!

Tomorrow Rob and I get on the plane to Hawaii. The car comes to pick us up at 6:15, and we arrive in Kona (nonstop, thankfully!) around 11:30AM. I love flying west.

Our flight info on the way there is:

United flight 0059, departing SFO at 8:46AM

We are staying at the Hilton Waikoloa (both our names on the reservation in case you want to call!) from the 25th until the 30th.

I have two bags packed and ready to go - one small one that contains all of my race gear (and darn is there a lot of gear!) and a large one that contains all of my other shit. I have a lot of shit. I need to bring casual clothes (clearly, it's Hawaii), dressy clothes as we have multiple fancy schmancy dinners planned, beach gear/towels, toiletries/hair dryer, make-up... There's a lot of shit. My bag is heavy. Thankfully I am not trusted to carry luggage over the hardwood floors (as they are not especially hard) so I'm sure Rob will take it out to the car tomorrow morning. :-)

I'm excited. I went for a very quick run today on the trails above UCSC, just about 3 miles or so (maybe a little less). I run the same trails and am very familiar with the terrain, and at the end of these runs is a very steep uphill section that always leaves me winded. I focus on it, and struggle up it, but have gotten better and better at it. When I started running, I could hardly make it up that hill at all in actual running form; my feet barely came off the ground and it was a struggle to actually run. Today, I was so lost in thought as I was running that when I came back into my head I realized I was already up the hill! And even better, I felt great!

This afternoon I spent running errands and doing laundry and packing, and am ready to go. I just have to zip the big suitcase and go to bed.

Aye, there's the rub.

I'm not tired. And there's leftover chocolate cake that I desperately want to eat. Hm, I'll be right back...

No comments:

Post a Comment