OK so it should be clear now that I am the strongest at swimming and just suffer through the bike and the run. This will also emphasize how the swim is underrepresented in a triathlon.
It should not be a surprise that I won the swim leg in my age group (35-39), swimming the thing (with a few stops to check my position) in 10:51.60. Keep in mind that that includes the jog to the transition area, which added a few minutes. I won that leg by over a minute.
My first transition time is listed at 2:17.00. That seems fast, but the person who won the whole thing had a first-transition time of 49 seconds! Whoo. That's fast. They must not wear socks.
For the bike leg, my time for a 20K ride was 39:56.30 - not too shabby for a non-cyclist! That's about 18.6 mph, which for me is pretty darn fast. After the bike leg, I fell to 6th place.
My second transition time was faster, just 1:23.80.
Then, on to the run. My run time for a 5K (so 3.1 miles) was 30:30.90! Those are 9 minute and 50.4 second miles!!!!!! Wow. So after the run I got my final time and I fell to my final place, which were:
1:24:59.60
9th place in my age group, 35-39
37th place overall in the women's group!
I am EXTREMELY happy with that performance! Woo!
No comments:
Post a Comment