Sunday, March 7, 2010

I'd Like to Thank the Academy...

Rob and I went to an Oscars party tonight hosted by one of the women I play water polo with. There were supposed to be other men there, but apparently they all backed out, so brave Robert was the only XY in attendance. The water polo women are a fantastic group, very funny, and Rob fit right in. Great food and great wine and great company - it was a great evening. Neither of us won the Oscar ballot, but I at least was thrilled at Mo'nique's win, as well as Jeff Bridges (although I will always argue that The Dude was his best role) and Sandra Bullock's wins.

Now I am on the couch watching the after parties and eating Samoas (damn the Girl Scouts). My pants still fit so it's okay. Tomorrow night is back to work as there is a swim, although I am tempted to play water polo instead. Tuesday = track, Wednesday = water polo... Ach, I'm tired already! The water polo women are also signing up to learn curling (the winter version of bowling?!) starting in May so I'm excited about that too...

Okay, one more Samoa and then to bed for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment