Saturday was a 20+ mile bike ride and a 15-minute run and whoa was that hard. Well, the bike was great - after we separated out into a longer line of riders instead of a big scary cluster of riders, I ended up with two others that I rode with the whole way. It was fun - we figured out the whole trading off riding in front thing to give the back riders a rest (cyclists aren't kidding about the whole drag thing - it makes a HUGE difference). The run was really hard - my legs were pretty shot, but I was able to actually run the whole thing so that's a good sign. I think it takes me a long time to "get my running legs" and that with a longer run I might be in better shape.
We went to SF for the weekend, and Sunday I got up early and ran for 35 minutes on the treadmill in the hotel's gym at a 12-minute mile pace (5mph on the machine) and on quite a hilly program and was able to keep it up quite well, actually increasing my pace a bit as the program wound down. It was better than nothing, so that's good.
Last night was a quick swim workout, only about 1600 meters, that was run by one of the TNT people as an optional workout. It was geared mostly for non-swimmers, so maybe not so great for me but at least I went. Again, better than nothing.
There are five people staying with us at the moment, so I am sleeping on a mattress on the floor in the master bedroom, which means maybe not sleeping so well, and today I am at work with my running stuff - hopefully I can get my butt out on the trails and get a real run in, but I'll be happy with a quick 3 miles or so.
I am supposed to leave tomorrow for OC and on the 27th for Costa Rica, I am at work today, I have plans with our guests this evening, I have not done laundry, I am not packed, and I feel like I should be more stressed out that I am. Hm.
Well, back to work.
No comments:
Post a Comment