After the run I headed home to bake my heart out! I baked for five hours, completely destroyed the kitchen, and made the following:
Two raspberry buttermilk cakes
24 Yellow cupcakes with chocolate frosting
20 Chocolate cupcakes with vanilla frosting
Two pound cakes
One pan of chocolate chunk brownies
One pan of chocolate fudge brownies
16 cranberry-orange mini-loaves
I packed it all up, with the frosted cupcakes in two large plastic boxes, and drove over the 17 the next morning (Wednesday). I heard something crash as I took a turn, and it sounded like the package of napkins. When I arrived at UCSC, however, I found that the cupcake boxes had turned on their sides, and the cupcakes had all (seriously, every single one) stuck to the side of the boxes. When I righted the boxes, the cupcakes continued to stick. Good, thick frosting! Peeling them off the boxes wasn't the best rescue, and this is what I ended up with:
The great cupcake disaster of 2009! The chocolate ones were even worse - the tops of some of the cupcakes actually peeled off and remained stuck to the side.
And last night, after the hypothermic bake sale, was water polo, where my legs were surprsingly strong and I felt really good. It helps that the pool temp got bumped up to 81 and it was covered, keeping the heat in. I love it when it's so steamy you can hardly see the person you're passing to! Of course, the reward for going to water polo is that the ladies go The Dutch Goose for food and wine/beer, so we feasted on peanuts and burgers and wine and then went home.
Today might be a run, I haven't decided yet. I'm tired, and have to swim tomorrow, and there's a bike workout Saturday. Tired week for me, but I'm feeling like I'm getting into shape nicely!
No comments:
Post a Comment