Thursday, January 6, 2011

Track and Season Totals

Tonight a group of ladies (and Kevin) met at the Campbell track to get in a run. It helps me to workout with a group - I find I am much more motivated and less likely to throw in the towel, so I was excited to be at the track, which is NOT my favorite, with other people.

I suggested a pyramid workout that was a bit ambitious, but certainly doable (we did almost the exact same workout last year), and for some insane reason I decided to just do the whole damn thing even though I was hurting at the end of it. It will make me faster. The set was as follows:

1 mile warmup (11 minutes 30 seconds for me)
Stretch!
400 (1 lap), 800, 1200, 1600, 1200, 800, 400, with 1 minute of core or "active recovery" (aka walking in circles) between each distance.

I felt great after the warmup - even was carrying on conversation while running, if you can believe that! Running AND talking! I know - crazy! Who knew I was so talented? (<--sarcasm)

I of course took my splits, which I know you are all fascinated by, but here they are:

400: 2.06.15 (!)
800: 2.31.77, 2.39.60
1200: 2.45.68, 2.47.22, 2.49.77
1600: 2.50.88, 2.47.93, 2.55.88, 2.54.06 (can you tell I'm getting very tired here?)
1200: 2.53.52, 2.56.14, 2.58.61
800: 3.00.61, 2.56.79 (clearly I am dying at this point - my legs felt like they were going to shatter)
400: 2.31.56

I added a 400 yard cooldown (walk), and after the 1600 I gave up on core and walked in circles for the rest part of it.

Now I feel a little ill. That might have been a bit ambitious after all...

Moving on to my season totals:

Total miles: 148.73
Swimming: 22.05 miles (!)
Cycling: 32.77 miles (clearly this is where I need to spend more time, but this doesn't include spinning)
Running: 70.91 miles HOLY CRAP!

I can't believe I've run almost 71 miles since November. I'm almost impressed with myself. Now, I just need to get faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment