This new diet it taking some adjustment - I feel like a slug. My swim on Wednesday night was pretty bad - I was only able to hold a ~1:25 100 yard time at the end, which is about 5 seconds slower than last year. Not good. Last year I was playing water polo, which is lots of sprinting and quick recovery, and I wonder if I need to be incorporating more of that type of swimming instead of the slower, longer sets. More intensity, less distance. All the other swimmers are making such great gains, and here I am at the same speed I always am. I think for me to improve I'd have to put in so much time it's just not feasible, so I'll try to focus on holding a pace instead of improving it, I guess, and put my energy into the running and biking.
Speaking of running, I went for a quick jog today, mostly to keep my fitness up and less to get distance in. I tried to do a "tempo" run, meaning I was trying to hold a faster pace than usual. I figured if I got close to 11 minute miles I'd be happy. I just figured out my pace, and I averaged TEN MINUTE AND TWELVE SECOND MILES.
WOOOOOOOOO!
That is a HUGE jump in speed for me. I kinda can't believe it! I didn't FEEL great, but who cares if I can run that fast?!?!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment