Sunday, January 24, 2010

5.8 Miles!

...of running, that is! Sorry for the boring post, this is mostly for my records.

I was worried about my running so I went for distance this morning and felt pretty darn good doing it! I tried to get my splits every time I turned, so here are some distances:

I walked ~0.4 miles in about 6 minutes as a warm up, then ran the following:

1.48 miles in 17 minutes and 3 seconds (~11 minute 30 second mile time)
0.665 miles in 7 minutes 56 seconds (there were hills; ~12 minute mile time)
0.168 miles in 2 minutes 6 seconds (~12 minute 30 seconds mile time, again big hill!)
0.67 miles in 8 minutes 6 seconds (HILL! ~12 minute mile time)
0.77 miles in 8 minutes 24 seconds (10 minute 54 second mile time, clearly this was downhill)
0.92 miles in 10 minutes 38 seconds (11 minute 30 second mile time)
0.66 miles in 6 minutes 59 seconds (10 minute 30ish second mile time)

Total distance = 5.8 miles (including my warmup walk)
Average speed = 11 minute 36 second miles

Not too bad - I've been claiming I run 12-minute miles so that's pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment