Did the same sadist who invented high heels invent bike seats? Just curious.
I got up early today and went for a labor day ride. I took one of the routes I learned through Team in Training - a 19.4-ish mile loop with a lovely little hill right in the middle:
You can see from the elevation profile at the bottom of the screenshot that hill - it's only about a mile long but it's pretty tough, especially given that I haven't been riding since ~May. I was surprised at hoe great I felt on the bike though, saddle notwithstanding. I think there's really something to this CrossFit craze - my legs felt strong on the climb and I never once felt overly tired or in pain. I also felt like I could have kept going had I known a good way to extend the route...
Hopefully I'll keep it up - it's hard to do CrossFit in the morning and then feel like I have energy to do longer, slower workouts afterwards. We'll see. This was a nice re-intro to my bike though. I think it's been feeling neglected.

Where do you get your energy from? Amazing.
ReplyDelete