I just signed up for Team in Training - the event is an Olympic distance triathlon (1.5K swim, 40K bike ride, 10K run) in Kona, Hawaii at the end of March in 2010! I'm nervous about the training (and the fundraising!), but I think with an organized schedule it should be manageable. The kick-off meeting is November 9th, and official workouts begin on the 10th, and until then I'll keep playing water polo a couple of times a week.
I'm probably the most nervous about the bike part. I don't like riding in traffic, and in fact once fell over from a dead stop (yes, in front of cars stopped at a light) thanks to my inexperience with clip-less pedals. Embarrassing. I look forward to riding with a group who can show me some good, safe places to ride (again, I do NOT liek riding in traffic!).
This is where I'll track the trials and tribulations of my training! Stay tuned...
No comments:
Post a Comment